Update, July 19: This should probably be online by 7 p.m. Eastern Daylight tonight. Lots to say! – D.R.
Hey, did you think I’d stop at How TBD could use hyperlocal journalism to kick the Washington Post’s butt? The strategy ideas for the Post will appear here over the weekend or on Monday. The same concepts might be useful to the New York Times. Yes, I can see TBD perhaps going national if it’s successful. My goal for this series is to help competitors think of all the angles in striving for sustainable journalistic and business models.
- Hyperlocal journalism and TBD: More coming on what makes a great ‘hyper’ site
- Solomon Scandals hyperlocal series so far: A list for latecomers
- TBD’s hyperlocal judo is smart and ethical: How should rivals at the Washington Post and elsewhere respond to all the linking ahead?
- TBD hyperlocal news experiment in D.C. area: Still iffy, with mixed numbers from Alexa Web measurement service
- ‘Patch, the WalMart of News?’ Scourge of locally owned news sites? Plus, what-works tips